December is such a beautiful time of the year. All the holiday’s celebrated around the world can only mean one thing.. HOLIDAY RECIPES ! And boy do we love what this years season has brought. Sometimes there is such an abundant of recipes out there that its hard to choose what dish to bring to your holiday party. On todays post were going to focus on Christmas and what is the best dish to bring to that special Christmas party you have coming up!
Christmas Cookies - the ultimate holiday dessert. There are tons of different cookie recipes for all different dessert lovers. Sugar, gingerbread, peppermint, chocolate, and the list goes on and on! This is the year to put your baking skills to the test and whip up a delicious batch of some homemade cookies. Below we shared one of our favorite (& easy!) recipes. Baking these up and putting them in a festive little Christmas tin, makes the perfect friendly gift to bring to any party!
The Softest Christmas Sprinkle Butter Cookies
1 stick butter softened
1/4 cup cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cups granulate sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons corn starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sprinkles
1. In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or a large bowl using hand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and extracts until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix together on low/medium speed for one minute, until combined.
3. Refrigerate dough for two hours before baking.
4. When dough is done chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Pour the sprinkles into a medium bowl, and roll tablespoon sized balls of dough into the sprinkles.
6. Place the cookies onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 7-9 minutes. These should not turn golden brown, and will still look wet when they come out of the oven.
8. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
There are tons of fun, Christmas themed foods to bring to a holiday party. Desserts of course are the most popular recipes to find on the internet, but if your attending a potluck style party and desserts are already accounted for.. we got you covered. Some popular recipe ideas sure for guest to love include:
A warm tray of spinach dip with your favorite chips to dip with
A shrimp cocktail with sauce
Flatbread! Of any kind. (Who doesn't love anything remotely close to pizza?!)
Scalloped potatoes. A nice comfort side dish for any potato cheese lover
Lasagna - another popular favorite comfort food dish
Macaroni & cheese. Everyones favorite and the web has so many fun ways to make it your own
Some delicious Swedish meatballs accompanied with dipping sauce
Whatever your holiday plans are this year, Sweet Moane Personal Chef Services wishes everyone a beautiful holiday season. This season brings so many opportunities to the kitchen and nothing feels better than snuggling up and cooking a home cooked meal for yourself and your loved ones. Our services also offers this service for you. Our personal chefs love the holidays and love cooking for others. Maybe you just don't have the time this holiday season, or you're very overwhelmed with the amount of guests your having, or you simply just need help with that main course but you got those Christmas desserts on lock down. Feel free to contact us and let our chefs take a little stress off you. Holidays should be enjoyable. Whether your attending a friends gathering, an office Christmas party, or at home cooking for your family, be sure to keep the joy and happiness alive this season. And here at Sweet Monae, we like to give the gift of stress-relief (or at least a little!).